Needles have been sending feelings of dread in many people for decades, but how would it change your perception if they were to be used for reasons other than vaccines and blood work? From the holistic health techniques that branches from Traditional Chinese Medicine practices, acupuncture is a relatively painless procedure that provides unbelievable benefits for you mentally and physically. It is time to decide whether or not the benefits of this therapy are significant to you or not, and the Energy Zone Wellness Center is here for you to figure that out!
Here are Six Foolproof Reasons To Get an Acupuncture.
- The very first reason is self-explanatory, where getting an acupuncture can improve a spectrum of types of pain, including chronic pain or slight discomfort. Acupuncture will help you relieve yourself from the debris of discomfort you may deal with from work, such as pain in the back and lower back, neck, knee, or even arthritis pain. It is proven that patients with these aches that receive acupuncture have significantly less pain than coming in with, therefore, it is now known that this therapy is effective for the treatment of chronic pain. If you are looking for pain relief, this therapy may be your answer so that you can rejuvenate your body’s energy. In a society of deadlines and cramped schedules, such a treatment can come in very handy!
- You shall not pass, migraines! In theory, a migraine is thought to begin as an electrical phenomenon in the cerebrum that then tampers with blood vessels, which then causes neurogenic inflammation. Acupuncture helps in the treatment of migraines by providing pain relief through the stimulation of nerves, reduction inflammation and the degree of cortical spreading depression, modulation extracranial and intracranial blood flow, and by influencing serotonin levels in the brain. This mouthful of scientific terms ultimately refers to the promise that headaches and negative frequencies can be eased by acupunctures through numerous medicinal studies.
- Insomnia will be a problem of the past. The Beijing University of Chinese Medicine has conducted a large study in the year of 2009 to prove that having undergone acupuncture helps reduce insomnia symptoms drastically. It found that patients that were taking medications or herbal treatments to help with their slumber showed had better effects when adding the acupuncture therapy. Everyone deserves better sleep, so you should consider getting this treatment as an option because unlike sleep medications, acupuncture sessions have no side effects whatsoever. Energy is so essential, yet so difficult to obtain during busy times like these, but getting fulfilling rest is right at the ends of your fingertips!
- Pregnancy opens up a whole new world for a mother – a world that fills her heart with a new type of love and one of nausea and unbalanced hormones. Many doctors are finding that acupuncture serves as a beneficial treatment to reduce stress, balance hormones, and ease the pain of pregnancy and labor. Acupunctures are deemed safe for many common symptoms during a pregnancy to ease the mental and physical strain on the body along with those after the baby is born to help with any other symptoms a mother may experience. This treatment can even be used at a time before a baby is due to prepare the body for labor. Consider this treatment to make motherhood the best experience it could possibly be for both, the mother and her child.
- Acupuncture never flinches in the face of cancer, and neither should you. According to cancer institutes, studies show that this treatment can help boost immunity and speed of recovery after cancer treatments. It has been proven that getting an acupuncture can enhance immunity, platelet count and disallow a decrease in health cells following radiation therapy and chemotherapy. This treatment also can reduce pain from treatments, allow improvements in the quality of living and a decrease in various negative effects of chemotherapy, like nausea. Battling cancer or recovering from it does not ever have to be fought alone, and the Energy Zone Wellness Center is here for support with relaxing treatments to help you!
- Ultimately, it has been proven time and time again that acupuncture is effective in preventing cognitive decline, such as Parkinson’s. This treatment can effectively relieve age-relative cognitive decline symptoms while it creates a neural response in areas of the brain that are affected by this disease (putamen and the thalamus). In a study, after 20 Parkinson’s patients are treated with acupuncture for 16 sessions, 85 percent of patients reported subjective improvements in certain symptoms, such as tremor, walking, handwriting, slowness, pain, sleep, depression, and anxiety without any side effects. With these benefits, all people can truly see the beauty of getting an acupuncture to not just improve life for themselves, but also for others.