It has been proven endlessly that the greatest things in life are savored effortlessly. Though it has been given a negative stigma, maintaining a healthy mental and physical lifestyle can be enjoyed simply as well. The Energy Zone Wellness Center presents you with our large selection of massages to ensure that you will hear your sigh of relaxation once again!
The question now is, why?
Here’s Six Mind Blowing Reasons as to Why Getting Massages is Important
- Two words: Better. Sleep. Getting a massage can encourage a soothing slumber and it helps those that otherwise cannot comfortably snooze. Studies show that massages positively influence delta waves and the release of serotonin, which is the body’s natural supply of anti-pain chemicals, providing deep and efficient sleep. See you never, insomnia.
- Here’s a simple formula: massages equal happiness! Getting a good rub down decreases stress hormone cortisol effectively while boosting those that trigger happiness, such as serotonin and dopamine. This can occur in the peaceful and quiet atmosphere that the Energy Zone Wellness Center will provide you with and the soothing release of tension in your body. Such a reaction will instantly improve mental health drastically… even more efficiently than The Office marathon!
- Goodbye migraines and hello clear thinking! Yes, we know exactly what you were thinking, but no, massages are much more than relievers of sore backs and muscles. Massages relieve headaches by causing the body’s parasympathetic nervous system to kick in, otherwise known as the restful mode. There are trigger points in the neck and shoulders that automatically refer pain to the head and massaging those points can almost instantly make headaches disappear. Yes, that is applause you are hearing.
- In the name of massages, we say, “Not today, stress!” It has been proven that massages can lower heart rate and blood pressure, calm muscles and promote the production of endorphins, a positive body chemical. Simultaneously, serotonin and dopamine are released throughout this calming procedure, which will ultimately result in a feeling of serenity that makes problems such as depression, anxiety, along with acute or short-termed stress much easier to overcome. You are so very welcome.
- It is a universal understanding among human beings that we willingly, or subconsciously, abuse our bodies on a regular basis. This damage can be left unnoticed from those late night binging sprees of your favorite shows and tapping into those guilty, edible pleasures. For the ultimate detox, a massage helps the body to get back on track for maximum health potential. This is due to the fact that massages aid in eliminating stagnate toxins in the body. This spa treatment increases blood flow while simultaneously performing lymphatic drainage. The toxins leave the cells to make room for nutrients during this procedure, which will leave an enriching effect on your whole body. Your days of detox juices have just gotten a whole lot brighter.
- Last, but never least, massage therapy relaxes the muscle tissue, which will consequently reduce painful contractions and spasms. Also, this therapy reduces nerve compression, fighting against the accumulating discomfort from slouching. When the muscles are contracted, they sometimes compress the nerves around them. We both know you do it; no shame here, just solutions! By touching the skin or applying pressure during the massage, muscles, tendons, and ligaments can be relaxed, allowing you to regain energy to take on the world. Come on, your body is practically begging to get one.
Here are some of your options at the Energy Zone Wellness Center